We celebrate National Pet Fire Safety Day with a little photo contest each year and post a video which you can see below. Our family of fire safety companies includes our beloved pet babies so we like to show them off. Knowing that pets are a privilege, we also protect them by keeping these tips in mind.
- Keep open flames out of a pet’s reach.
- Secure electrical cords where they can’t be chewed on.
- Store flammable chemicals where they are inaccessible to pets.
- Include them in your escape plan.
- Check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors once a month.
- Place Fire Extinguishers in easily accessible areas.
- Post Pet Fire Safety window clings in your house to alert firefighters to their presence.
Pets accidentally cause numerous fires throughout the year racking up millions of dollars in damage. They also perish in those fires so make your pet’s safety a priority, especially when you’re away from home.
For more tips see the NFPA’s recommendations so you can keep your pet safe every day, not just on National Pet Fire Safety Day.